Any Medics who want to practice in Dubai, United Arab Emirates need to take medical practice license before starting a job. Even you can’t search a job without a practice license.
In Dubai two authorities govern medical practice known as Dubai Health Authority (DHA) & Dubai Health Care City (DHCC).
Steps to get Dubai Health Authority License
1 – You need to make an account on www.dha.gov.ae.
2 – After account you would need to check your eligibility by using eligibility assessment tool.
3 – If eligibility assessment tool says that you are eligible then you need to start application process.
4 – Once you are eligible then you have two options at same time. You can book your assessment exam and you can start your dataflow documents verification process at same time.
5 – So it is up to you, if you want to do both steps at same time or one by one.
6 – Last step is to apply for eligibility letter. You can only apply for eligibility letter once you have completed your dataflow verification and have passed assessment exam.
Documents requirement for DHA Application
- Graduate & Post graduate degree (where applicable).
- House job / Internship certificates.
- Sometimes MBBS transcripts are also asked.
- Till to date experience letters issued by HR department of organization.
- Log book for surgical & allied fields
- Practice License from current country
- Good Standing Certificate from current country
- Passport first page
- Passport size picture with white background
- Letter of authorization for dataflow verification
DHA assessment exam format
- For most specialties it is computer based written assessment.
- For some surgical & allied fields there is oral exam.
- For consultant mostly it is oral exam.
- Written assessment contain 150 BCQs type questions.
- Time duration for assessment is 3 hours.
- There is no negative marking.
- Passing score for general practitioner is between 60-65%.
You can take Dubai Health Authority Exam three times maximum and if you couldn’t make it in third attempt. Then you can take exam after 2 years in same specialty. But you should be in practice during this period. 3 attempts are counted collectively for all United Arab Emirates License Exam. Rules frequently changes so please confirm from concerned authority if you need to book exam after 3rd attempt.