Driving License in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
When you move to a new country, the first thing you think of is getting a driving license. UAE pumps you up more than any other country to get a license sooner as the awesome cars on the roads motivate you. The RTA (Road & Transport Authority) exempts routine Driving License procedure if you have a license from certain countries. The list of those countries is given below. You must be a citizen of these countries holding a driving license in order to be exempted from certain steps and learning classes.
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you have never driven before and do not hold any driving license, you need to take the following steps to get a Driving License in United Arab Emirates.
- Gather the following documents.
- Passport Copy along with the page that has the UAE visa stamp
- Copy of the Emirates
- No Objection Certificate from your employer (it is exempted for some professions).
- 8 passport size pictures with white background.
- Copy of any license that you hold of any country with Arabic translation
- Eye Test
You need to get an eye test from an authorized hospital or optic shop. Usually they charge around 100 to 150 dhm.
You need to go to a driving school along with the above mentioned documents to get registered. They will register you for initial Learner’s License. Once you get your Learner’s License from RTA, you can go for training.
You need to attend 40 Classes, which you can schedule as per your convenience. These classes are mandatory if you don’t have any prior driving license.
- Computerized Test
After attending the classes, you need to take the computerized test. It is “choose the best answer” type of questions with images and videos and you need to choose the right answer for each question.
- Parking Test
After passing the computer test, you move to practical driving training. You need to take certain classes for parking training and practice. You are then advised to take the Parking test. In this test, the following maneuvers are included.
- Angle Parking
- Parallel Parking
- Garage Parking
- Emergency Break
- Hill Test
This is part where most candidates fail. You need to pass each of these tests.
- Highway and Road Training
After passing the parking test, you are supposed to attend Highway and Road training.
- Internal Driving School Test
After completing Highway and road training, you are supposed to take internal Driving School test before going to the actual road test with an RTA Officer. Don’t forget to take the above mentioned documents with you. If your performance is satisfactory, then you are advised to book the Road test.
- Road Test
This is the final step in getting driving license in UAE. You need to drive the car with the RTA office. It is around 8 to 10 minutes of driving. You are judged for each and every step. Usually they don’t take you to the highway but sometimes they will test you on highway as well. During this test, you can be asked to park the car (any parking which is mentioned above), make a U-turn and change lanes. Once you pass the road test, you get your driving license and you can drive and own car in United Arab Emirates.
Driving Schools in Dubai
· AlAhil Driving School Dubai
· Belhasa Driving Center Dubai
- Galadari Driving Center Dubai
· Emirates Driving Institute Dubai
· Dubai Driving Center Dubai
· Drive Dubai Center Dubai
· AlAhli Driving Center Dubai
Driving School in Sharjah
· AlMidfa Driving School Sharjah
· Alshola Driving School Sharjah
· AlNasserya Driving School Sharjah
Driving School in Abu Dhabi
· Emirates Driving Company
· AlHarbi Motor Driving School
· Alshamsi Driving School
· Sun Rise Driving School
· Joharat Al Khaleej Motor Driving School
· Alkhalidya Motor Driving School
Driving School in Ajman
· Emirates Driving Institute Ajman
· Al Etehad Driving School
· Al Khaleej Motor Driving School
· Al Themar Driving School
· Arabian Driving School
· Hussain Driving Institute
· Al Etemad Driving School
· Rashid Driving Institute